23 June 2006

I knew it was going to be ugly

I know that he is hurt, and I know that he is afraid he will lose touch with the children, for the last nine years of living in Australia, he has told me how much I am a daughter to him. Hmmmmm.

So when he realized that his son wanted to be married to his cult rather than me, I am thinking that my father reacted slightly differently. He said to me as my father-in-law, you should just stay with him for the kids sake, I am sure he would not tell his own daughter that. If her husband was hitting their kids with a 2 by 4 in the name of Godly discipline, teaching their children that the male is dominate in all things and power unto himself, able to control all aspects of his wife and childrens lives without input from any of them - I am not certain he would sing the same tune. For starters, I don't care what they may or may not have done, children should not be hit with a 2 by 4 EVER. The is nothing GODLY about it. And when you stand over them and tell them you doing this is the name of God, they will want nothing to do with a God like that. I reckon when God is talking to husbands in the bible about being the head of the house it has much less to do with control than love. My father-in-law if he really were being supportive like an actual father, he might have been supportive when I had whooping cough and was flat on the floor nearly dead for 3wks, or when his son wouldn't buy his little boy new shoes when the old ones fell apart literally, or possibly again when his son refused to pay the registration on the car and I could not drive the children to school, those were instances where he could have shown his support. You would think he could understand the need for me to return back to my home country to the support of my family when he so obviously is not going to give it. He most certainly would not wish this on his own daughter. Hell she didn't even have children or a crap marraige and he wanted her "home" in Australia. So in the end I am not like his daughter, I am very much just the mother of his grandchildren and a woman whom he doesn't like very much at all because I won't do it his way. Well that's an old song and I am NOT SINGING IT. Can I just note here that my Australian friends here have been horrified at the very unaustralian nature of my in-laws on the whole, no one wants little australians treated this way, and if we were related to any of my Australian friends families I am sure the journey would have been different.

I don't think so.

No comments: