17 August 2006

Happy Hour

I have put a contract on a house. I might be crazy but at least we won't be homeless any longer.
My least responsible bone would dearly love to take the 3 kids and wander the planet and see what we see, learn about cultures different to the two we know intimately. Thankfully the mummabear part of my mind has won out. I will buy a house, settle my wandering feet and be thankful for the 6 monthly return trips to Australia. For as long as they might last. I will find a job and raise my half grown babies in a peaceful house full of madness. Only the good kind of course. The dancing around the kitchen while we're cooking and all talking at once about the good bits/bad bits of our days, running like looneys in the back garden while we try and whip each other at soccer, and wrestling - the boys mostly but little miss can hold her own.

Now if I can only convince a lender to give me the money. I would not if I was them but hey who am I to tell them what to do? It is not a habit I have, why start now?
_____________________________________________________________________

Kids are extremely resiliant. They amaze me. And inspire. The boys have started at new schools. The oldest at one he has NEVER been to before. They both know a couple kids at their schools, but don't actually have any in their classes. Yet I pick them up in the afternoon and ask them about the day. Good they say. They sat with so and so at lunch and the computer teacher blabs too much and could we just get on with it already? And they are happy. Amazing. We are on the opposite side of the planet, have switched seasons, left behind all the familiar (at least with regards to school) and they get up, get ready and happily attend school. I am impressed.
____________________________________________________________________

3 adults 6 kids and 2 cars.

It is bedlam.

We all still like each other.

We are ever so glad for Sonic Happy Hour.

No comments: