20 August 2006

So we had a visit from the sheriff.

I am looking after a couple extra children this weekend. Their parents are away with their older brother.

So five kids, a soccer tournament and a very hyper ill-mannered jack russell.

My son is playing his first tournament with his new team here. It has been a good day. The boys played well. The coaches are still sorting out who plays best where. It is interesting watching them catch onto that one. Between matches today I took the five I am watching, plus two home to play. The two extra-extras were a favor to their mum who needed to take her littlie home for a nap between the matches. And really once you are watching five, why blink at seven?

So the afternoon was great, fresh air, sunshine and lots of good healthy food. It is all good.

The morning, well, it was interesting.

Before 10 am we had set off the house alarm, not my children but the ones who actually live here and know that the alarm is set, broken a bowl, talked to the alarm company and had the visit from the sheriff.

The alarm people send a cop out when you set off the alarm and they call and you don't know the passcode. The sheriff, sans cowboy hat, said he figured I was not robbing the place, since I was in my pajamas and I had a whole "passel" of kids running wild. I am very glad he left the big hat in the car because that after "passel" I nearly lost it, he might have had to cart me off to the padded room for nutters because I barely kept my laughing inside until he was gone.

Yeah.

And generally, I try and save the robbing until after my morning Dr. Pepper.

No comments: