25 July 2006

Don't Hide the Rum.

Surviving the madness of the immigrating check-in with one out of date passport.

It is a test of mental stamina.

A purchase of a one way flight out of the USA for a future date, TA - Mrs. S - you are a treasured friend, saved the sanity at the beginning of the trip. As if it wasn't stressful enough to leave many loved ones behind, and return to a country I haven't lived in for nearly a decade, with three kids and now single. The ick lived on as we barely made our flight. Come to find out the ticket counter-people had been communicating about us with the flight crew. The drinks trolley lady stopped by and delivered little blessed beverages for me VERY shortly after take off, reassuring me that all would be well now.

Los Angeles is a different story. It is long, it is ugly. The children and I survived it, however, we will avoid it like the plague from here on out. We will fly through San Fran. I like it better anyway. I have shamed myself from ever returning to LA. We all cried our way through missing our flight, and trying to sort out the new flights to Houston with the two cats. The cats cried too. It was pitiful, I can never go back through there. I am blaming it on the stress of the last three years that finally all leaked out my eyes on that hideously long day.

So no. Don't hide the rum. I am certain pirates were onto something. It is medicinal.

No comments: