04 July 2006

The shipping quote is more than all 4 international plane tickets, the cats cargo ticket/vet check/etc., and the amount you plan on spending at Duty Free, it's not a good sign.

Leftover birthday cake should be a food group all it's own, with the recommended daily allowance intake being advocated for breakfast.

Packing requires LOTS of cake. It's a well known law.

______________________________________________________________________

I will miss the way Australians pronounce kno-W-n. They just love that W.

I already miss Tallebugerra Beach. Beauty.
____________________________________________________________________

I am looking forward to CLIMATE CONTROL. More the opportunity to use it if I choose not to get frostbite on my skinny little fingers as they type. Queenslanders are fabulous in summer where their height from the ground helps them to remain cool and comfortable and breezy. Not so much in winter, where inside the house is significantly colder than the outside temperature.

____________________________________________________________________

Happy 4th of July!!!!!!!!! I should be shooting the breeze, playing cards and drinking beer with my family at the lake. Instead I am 8000 miles from home packing a house and worrying about my babies. I'll spend the evening post soccer training, running down to Southbank to have dinner and catch a movie with another friend who is going through an impossible situation. I'll have a glass of wine instead of a beer, there will be no cards, but the company will be fantastic and the food delicious - the evening very fun, but possibly not as loud as the lake.

____________________________________________________________________

No comments: