27 September 2006

morning surliness.

what is so difficult about greeting the day?

Wake up, feed the belly - it can't possibly be the honey nut cheerios that are making you crabby, there's nothing in them. Does the task of making your bed so drain you that you no longer have the energy to be kind to those around you or is the cleaning of your teeth that sent you over the edge? Possibly I think it was the gentle reminder that it would be best for YOU in the long run if you were to try and talk slightly less during class each day, even if said class is boooooring. I can remind you for many reasons, the topmost being I know and you do not, just how much you are talking in class each day. For starters, you do not think about it, you are 11, it is not on the radar, it is not shaped like a ball so it does not thrill your mind to ponder it. I have spies, as well as being all knowing with regard to your life, I chat with those whom attend the educational institution with you and tactfully inquire without their knowledge about your behavior. Hey when you are a single mum you have to be clever, I am outnumbered. The other reason for the reminder and the inquiry... I know I have a meeting scheduled for Thursday with your science instructor, at her request. She thinks you talk tooo much. You think she is dull as a fence post out in the middle of the bush, I know and after the parent 'Meet the Teachers' night in the second week of school, I agree with you. So I will meet with the queeniness of dulliness, and you WILL have to chat less in class, and I will have to graciously remind said teacher that Grade 6 science is the year where you start doing really cool experiments and practical learning is much better than Charlie Brown's droning teacher. All will be well.

So wake up, love the new day, it is full of adventures yet had!

No comments: