08 September 2006

Why the bloddy trigger trombone?!

Hundreds of years people have been getting by just fine.

But not now.

NOW the collective of band directors in our new'home' town have decided it'd be so much better for students to learn on the trigger trombone. No mentionof the fact that they are more expensive when they tell you that your son makes a lovely sound out of the trombone, ok so they didn't say "lovely" but my still australian ears heard it that way. Everyone else on the planet seems to struggle through learning on the regular old slide trombone. That a poor child should have to slide that brass all the WAY out to hit the proper notes, who knew it could damage them so?

My thoughts.

I never thought I'd be so thankful for Ebay.

I am liking purchasing the trigger trombone for the cost of renting one for 9 months, now if I can just convince the child he only needs to walk down to the creek behind our new house to practice it each day....
____________________________________________________________________

The spending spree continues.

Last Monday I bought a car. Paid in full. Insurance and all.

Last night I bought a desk top computer to go in the house that I bought today.

Tonight I bought two beds to go in the house so we have places to sleep tomorrow night.

We move in on Saturday, I am so excited. I might pop. I can't though, it'd muck up the little creek behind the house. Bites worrying about the environment.
____________________________________________________________________

I pick our cats up from the arctic circle of my mum's house on saturday, hopefully they will thaw out by Halloween.

No comments: