08 October 2006

Dreams.

In the build up to a snarky head-throat cold, I have had some doozies.

Worry, stress and fatigue do interesting things to the mind. Not to mention a Sonic size serving of caffiene on a regular basis. For example, Wednesday evening was the one and only appearance of the lifesize sock monkey, he tended to my every whim as we strolled the aisles of H.E.B., tortilla chips, absolutely, 2% milk, right-o, bagel bites, yup. He did no talking, just walked with me and the trolley. Now I don't know where he came from, I have not, as I can recall, seen a sock monkey since I was 4 and never a life size one. Thursday produced icky dreams about moving trucks and bicycles, not with anyone on them, the bikes drove themselves out into the road with out looking and were flattened by the HUGE white truck. Friday seemed somewhat of impending doom. I woke with a start at 3:13 am believing I was escaping from a fire in a white timber two story house. I knew the house was on fire, and yet I went back in to get the dog, a yellow lab. Superheroes always survive, I got out with the dog, and then discovered the house fire was set by the cult people my ex hangs out with. Disturbing but not so much that I didn't go on and have a beautiful day. He ruined enough of my days, he does not get anymore.

After three nights of not so great sleep, my body has finally given in. I woke this morning to 3 soccer matches with four kids, again an extra this time of the girl variety. My waking thought after I realized that aside from the mobile phone ringing somewhere around 2 I slept through the night was that I made it through without any funky dreams. My throat - it screams, my eyes - they scratch, my sinus passages - are full of molten lava.

I have a new chemist bestfriend. My love. Sweet treasure. In six hours and two doses you have made me feel much less deceased. Lovely effervescent health formula in zesty orange. Airborne. Kicking germy butt out of my head cold.

No comments: