04 October 2006

It Should Have Been.

Ok so I bought the new house.

It is fabulous. We moved in, we love it. I have purchased various items of different levels of importance. The trampoline, it's very good for stress relief - really you can not, as an adult, jump on one of those things without laughing, it should be on the bottom level of the food triangle it is so good for you. And beds. and plates and cutlery - the kids they like to eat, shampoo, and conditioner, cat food, a computer, tv, towels.

The FIRST purchase should have been CANDLES and MATCHES to light them with.

We have just come out of the first and hopefully last brown-out, or black-out or whatever they call it. And I can assure you when you arrive home from soccer training with four hungry kids, candles, well they would come in handy. Four kids, I know, I had an extra. It is blacker than anything inside my lovely new home with no lights. The kids had a ball, they bounced on the trampoline, I used the mobile phone to ring to a friend who had electricity, we fed the kids pizza and macaroni, not nutritional but it'll hold them until morning.

We had a beer.

Brown-outs call for one.

No comments: