17 October 2006

Perspective.

Really very few things tick me off. Unfortunately this week I have run into several right smack in a row.

For starters any government run offices are hard wired to be difficult. It is in there nature. It is how they make extra money for the politicians to eat lunch on. I have discovered in my great home state that I might well have to remove and disect my fourth rib in order to get my drivers license. You have to appear in person at the local DPS office stand in the laneway for an inordinate amount of time before you get to speak with the woman who could quite possibly be entombed as a relic of days gone by. Yes folks the 80's are far far behind us, however, here we have a finely preserved specimin from that era. She sports 'helmet hair' and blue eye shadow, tornados might very well come through this area occassionally, but that hair it is not going to budge. Her demeanor is a beauty. I am not sure if the DPS sent her to special training days or if that is her natural inclination, she is not helpful and certainly has no time for those not born and raised here. The poor little asian lady in front of me in, she made her cry. So I think I might have been predisposed to dislike her, that is just not kosher. Asians are lovely, and the food they've brought to this great state is less likely to cause you to become so engorged as to resemble a beached walrus. With helmet hair.

The second is more a personal issue. A lady who child is my age. I have known her a long time. We are not close. At one time I valued her input. That time is now gone. In her opinion it is unwise for me to ever remarry, you know because my situation was different, and I had children, she says with a snarl to her lip that looks as if she has just spotted a dog dropping on her persian rug. I don't desire to remarry today or tomorrow or next week. And the idea of being legally bound is enough to cause me to eye that rum bottle with a pirates lusty longing. But you know having someone tell me I should not makes me want to run out on a mad flurry of dates. Until she has walked around in my bare feet I am certain she can keep those little undesirables to herself.

Third. And last at least for today. Would it kill people to not waste so much damn stuff. Why people, and mostly I am only seeing Americans at present, so why Americans NEED ever so very much stuff. Plastic water bottles by the slab, half drunk and then tossed. Eight million gallons of fizzy drink in their bottles or worse cans. Food enough for small immigrant armies in foreign third world countries, tossed out because Americans can't eat that much but they have a bloody right to be served that much food for $7.95 and more and more and more. No wonder a huge chunk of the population are enourmous, they eat all that food and then sit round on their bums contimplating all their 'rights'. Ick. Self-absorbtion ticks me off.

I said it was the last one, but really it wasn't. People who wear bras that are tooo small!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For everybody elses sake, please get some proper fitting gear, those girls hanging out everywhere, nobody wants to see that.

No comments: